HRA Exemption for Rent paid to Parents

Share This Thread
  1. BHARAT CHUGH

BHARAT CHUGH New Member

Dear Sir / Madam,

Whether HRA can be paid to my Mother when I am staying with my parents in house jointly owned by them?
    Whether this will exclusively be added in my Mother's account or will have to be shared by both?
    The house has been funded through Father only while Mother is just a joint owner.

Regards

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Dear @BHARAT CHUGH

You can show that you've only taken a small part of the house on Rent which belongs to your mother and not the whole house on Rent and then pay her the amount and claim HRA Exemption.

3. BHARAT CHUGH

BHARAT CHUGH New Member

Thanks Neha Ji, but is it really required to declare accommodation details in the office in case of HRA?

4. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Yes, you would be required to give a copy of the Rent Receipts to your employer.

Moreover, if the Rent paid during the year is more than Rs. 1 Lakh, you would also be required to mention the PAN Card No. of the Landlord.

Draft saved Draft deleted