HRA rebate under 80GG

Share This Thread
  1. Rupanshi

    Rupanshi New Member

    I am a tax payer . and my total income includes HRA 65000 given by my employer. i m a govt employee. i live with my father . And he is also a govt employee. can i claim tax rebate by applying 24000 in 80GG account. I have not shown any rent receipts at my office.. If i show in 80gg i am applicable for tax refund and my slab changes from 20% to 10%.
    This question is for last year return.

    What else is required if i want to show this thing in my next year return
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    You can not claim deduction u/s 80GG because that provision is applicable only if employee is not in receipt of HRA.

    For last year, you may claim HRA while filing the return, but from this year you will have to show the rent receipts. If the annual rent is less than 1,00,000 then even PAN of the Landlord is not required therefore, request him to issue you a receipt and also tell him that his PAN is not required (this might encourage him to issue you the rent receipts)
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Rebate Under 80 TTA Income Tax May 31, 2017
Can claim rebate under Section 194J? Income Tax May 30, 2017
Rebate of Housing loan (Principal Amount) under Section 80C. Income Tax Mar 2, 2017
Tax rebate under section 80EE Income Tax Nov 1, 2016
Rebate under Section 89 Income Tax Jul 28, 2016