ICAI changed result of CA final from Pass to Fail

Share This Thread
  1. M.kranthi kumar

M.kranthi kumar New Member

Hello,
    My sister wrote ca final exam in nov 2015, when we checked the result which was announced in the jan 17th 2016. she was passed in 1st group and two subjects got exemption in the 2nd group.
    But now the result is showing as fail in the both groups.please explain what to do and we got the result in post from the CA office as the FAIL.
    please anybody help what to do regarding this issue.

2. Piyush Chawla

Piyush Chawla Active Member

Did you check the Result again on ICAI Website? Is it showing the same result as earlier or has it changed?

And did you take any screenshot of the result. Or do you have any other proof that it mentioned that your sister had cleared Group 1

3. M.kranthi kumar

Hi piyush we did not have the screenshot or any proof of the result which my sister had cleared Group 1.
    Now what to do and whom we need to approach regarding this issue.

SAURAV5Y likes this.
  4. Piyush Chawla

Piyush Chawla Active Member

Then how will you prove the fact that your sister had cleared the exam.

ICAI will say that there may be some mistake at your end while checking.

How will you substantiate your claim?

5. M.kranthi kumar

Ya thats what i am also thinking what to do now any idea from your end how we can get through this.

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Time limit for requesting for certified copies has lapsed. You can try requesting them , but if they don't ,or if you desire not to opt that option, there's an alternative. File RTI as per Right to Information Act, and ask for certified copies of all the papers .The time limit won't bother you in this case.

That would be the proof of the marks..

Also know that there is S.39 of the CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS REGULATIONS, 1988

THE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS REGULATIONS, 1988
    [http://resource.cdn.icai.org/7697announ1209b.pdf]
    S.39. Examination results
    (1) (a) A list of candidates declared successful at each examination shall be published.
    (b) The names of candidates obtaining distinction in the examination shall be indicated in the list.
    (c) Every candidate shall be individually informed of his result.

(2) The Council may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary, for maintaining the standards of pass percentage provided in these Regulations. Explanation — The term “section” used in this subregulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council.

7. M.kranthi kumar

Hey Piyush and ZED i got the mark list of CA Final which i had passed now where can i go and ask about my problem.
    As of now i am in bangalore,can i go to the bangalore chapter office and ask about my issue.
    please let me know whether they can resolve my issue.

8. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Send your query to
    "Deputy Secretary (Exams),The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 'ICAI BHAWAN', Post Box No. 7112, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi - 110 002"

Send the photocopy of the marksheet received by you from the institute and attach it with the mark list you got.

Helpline Telephone Numbers: 0120-3054 851, 3054 852 , 3054 853, 3054 835, 4953751, 4953752, 4953753, 4953754.
    Fax Number: 0120-3054 841, 3054 843
    E-mail address: [email protected]

Draft saved Draft deleted