Income chargeable under the head 'salaries'

Share This Thread
  1. Lush

Lush New Member

Dear Sir,
    I am covered under NPS. And in Form 16, my employer added "Employers Contributions to NPS" under income from salaries and then showed that as deduction under 80CCD(2). But Sir in FORM 26AS, that part of income is not reflecting.
    Then in ITR I, what value should I input on "SCH TDS1-Details of Tax Deducted at Source from Salary"?
    (26AS showing income-600000, Form 16 showing income 650000, then deduction of 50000 under 80CCD(2))

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Lush

Lush New Member

3. V K Khanna

V K Khanna Active Member

@Lush
    SCH TDS 1 requires details as per Form 16, you can show your gross salary amount there as mentioned in the Form. You are, however, liable to pay tax only on the net taxable income after deductions under chapter VI.

80CCD(2) is part of the gross salary of the employee and then claimed as deduction.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. Lush

Lush New Member

Dear Sir,
    I already filed return with autofilled SCH TDS 1 data from 26AS, (which is less than form 16 salary) 2 month ago but till now it is not processed. Do I need to revise that return??

5. V K Khanna

V K Khanna Active Member

No cause for a worry. It's a small technical error which doesn't requires revision of return.

Draft saved Draft deleted