Income Tax Declaration in case of Job Change

Share This Thread
  1. divyachinnoos

divyachinnoos New Member

Dear All,

Please let me know a query. I resigned from a firm by December last week. And joined in new firm the very next day. TDS was deducted monthly in my old firm. But I had not submitted my previous income in new firm. Obviously with the new income I will have deduction. So if total deduction made in both firms is more than what is to be deducted, is it possible for me to get it as returns through efiling.

Regards
    divya

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Your income and deductions from both the employers would be consolidated at the time of filing income tax returns

3. divyachinnoos

divyachinnoos New Member

I have one query. Till December I worked in one firm and extra tds amount is deducted which is shown as refundable. And in the new firm as I had not submitted my previous income, again tax is deducted in the month of Jan.

My query is 80 c savings I had submitted only upto 1.30 lakh in my old firm and I have rest 50000 savings now. But new employer had not collected my tax invoices. And here our tax declarations and all is closed in the month of Jan itself. So is it possible for me to show this savings in tax filling while I am tring to efile for returns without submitting in new firm.
    Regards
    Divya

4. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

In case their is any details which has not been furnished by you in the tax declaration to your employer - you can always furnish these details in the income tax return

divyachinnoos likes this.
  5. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

As you have not mentioned these details to your employer - these would not be reflected in Form 16.

However, it is absolutely fine for you to claim in the income tax return those deductions as well which are not mentioned in the Form 16

divyachinnoos likes this.
  6. divyachinnoos

divyachinnoos New Member

So what I have to do is, while efiling I need to add income of both employer and I can enter 80 c as 1.5 lakh rite? Rest every documents I had submitted in my old firm and they had given me form 16 with those updations.

7. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Yes, your interpretation is correct.

While filing the income tax return, mention the total income from both the employers and mention the total amount of deductions under Section 80C.

In case TDS deducted is more than the amount that should have been deducted, it would also be given to you as Refund

8. divyachinnoos

divyachinnoos New Member

Thank You so much. I am clear with this...

9. divyachinnoos

divyachinnoos New Member

One more query.. In my previous employment, my employer had deducted Professional tax in the month of August Rs.1250/-. And when I resign in December, in my F & F again they deducted Rs. 1250/-. So total of Rs. 2500/- is deducted for this financial year.

But in my new firm their procedure is like deducting Professional tax every month. And in January they again deducted Rs.200/- And they informed me that they will deduct Rs. 200/- in February and march. I informed that my previous employer that already deducted the same. But they are not accepting the same by telling it is not possible to deduct in advance.

Previous employer use to deduct PT once in six months.

Kindly help me with a solution whether I can do something for this while efiling.

Draft saved Draft deleted