Income Tax Deduction u/s 80D for son outside India

Share This Thread
  1. Ashu Jain

    Ashu Jain New Member

    I am a central government employee. My son studies in USA, I pay for his medical insurance premium. Can I claim income tax deduction u/s 80D (Rs. 15,000). Thanks and regards
  2. Parul_Gupta

    Parul_Gupta Active Member

    Yes, you can claim deduction under Section 80D for payment of medical insurance premium of your son.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Income Tax: Standard deduction: FY 2018-2019 Income Tax Feb 15, 2018
income tax deduction Income Tax Jan 4, 2018
Income Tax Deductions Income Tax Aug 17, 2017
Tax Exemption / Deduction from total Income - Medical Expences Income Tax Jul 27, 2017
Claification on Income tax deduction for Second Home Income Tax May 29, 2017