Income tax e-filing

Share This Thread
  1. Swathi K V

    Swathi K V New Member

    Dear Sir,

    I am employed in PSU and I am not getting HRA. I stay in rented house at Chennai. While issuing Form-16, my company does not mention the house rent paid by me as I am not eligible for HRA. Will I be able to enter the house rent amount under 80GG during e-filing eventhough it is not mentioned in the Form-16 issued to me by my employer?
  2. Yes,you may enter the house rent amount during e-filing.
  3. Swathi K V

    Swathi K V New Member

    What is the maximum amount than can be claimed under 80GG?
  4. V K Khanna

    V K Khanna Active Member

    The maximum amount that can be claimed as deduction u/s 80GG is Rs 2000 pm for the AY 2016-17.

    The Budget 2016 has enhanced the deduction to Rs 5000 pm.

    The deduction is subject to fulfilment of certain conditions.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
income tax e-filing Income Tax Jul 20, 2016
Income Tax on sale of a house Income Tax Jul 17, 2018
Is income from car pooling considered as Income from other sources? Income Tax Jul 15, 2018
Does Google Adsense income falls under section 44AD ? Income Tax Jun 21, 2018
Income tax for AY 2019/20 Income Tax Jun 7, 2018