income tax on housing loan

Share This Thread
  1. deepak batra

    deepak batra New Member

    please advise which documents are needed to claim deduction under the section 24 & 80 for a housing loan taken for a house under construction & now available for possession.
  2. For claiming deduction under the mentioned sections of the Income Tax Act, all the documents which prove beyond doubt that you have taken housing loan should be kept with yourself (like Loan statement etc.). It is pertinent to note that at the time of filing of your return you need not to give/submit hard copy of documents for deductions claimed in the return but you may be asked to produce the same later.
Draft saved Draft deleted