Industrial Training and Exam Leave

Share This Thread
  1. Hi

If we opt for Industrial training in the last year of Articleship,
    1)Do we get the leave for Final exam? if so how many months of leave can be availed?

Institute guideline says that Industrial training agreement may be made for 9 months or 1 year, Please clarify that,
    2)will the exam leave be included in the above agreement period or not? (For Example, Industrial training contract is for 1 year & if i take 3 months leave for final exam. Do i need to work 3months extra after 1 year or not?)

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

Dear @Manjunatha Jagadeesh

1. As per ICAI Norms, total 156 days of leaves can be allowed. This is the maximum limit as per ICAI and you can claim them in Industrial Training if you have not claimed them earlier.

Practically, most companies only allow 2 to 3 months of exam leaves during the Industrial Training period.

2. As per ICAI guidelines, you can join Industrial Training for a minimum of 9 months and maximum 12 months. So, you can opt for any duration between 9 months and 12 months.

3. The Exam leaves taken would be included in the period of Industrial Training.

Feel free to post here in case of any other queries.

3. Lokesh Yachamaneni

Lokesh Yachamaneni New Member

Sir, I am going to finish my 2 years articleship by this August 17th. Is there any vacancies for Industrial Training in Chennai or Bangalore?

4. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

5. Sir
    I joined in Industrial training in last 11 months of my articleship completion.
    I claimed 64 days leave in my 2 years articleship, now can I claim remaining 92 days leave in my industrial training. Please clarify it and is there any minimum stipend rates for Industrial training as per ICAI

Draft saved Draft deleted