INTIMATION 143(1)(a)

Share This Thread
  1. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

I think I know why it is happening with most of the assessees, especially this time.

Earlier, many employees used to claim deductions & exemptions even when they were not eligible to. They could not provide the details to the employer because the basis of deduction was not genuine (bogus claims like deductions u/s 24(b), 80C and 80D, etcetera) and hence form 16 did not include such deductions/exemptions. But, it was - and is- legally allowed to an assessee to claim the deduction which is not there in form 16. Therefore, many people used to wrongfully claim deductions and exemption even when they were not eligible.

Now, if the proof is not submitted to the employer then it will have to be submitted to the department.

Such people will certainly face problem and addition will be made automatically by the system.

But, why is this happening especially this time?

Last year, Rule 26C was inserted under the income tax rules which mandated the submission of evidence of claims by employees for deduction of tax under section 192.

[It is not merely S.192 if the govt. has TDS return then they will try to match the data with your income tax return to ensure that there is no under/non-disclosure of the income]

If now the mis-match is not investigated into then this rule has, really, not been effectuated.

Since, its kinda new, few problems are there, which I hope will be removed reduced in the future.

SNDP2593 likes this.
  2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

I 100% agree with your viewpoints and support such notices which are being generated... This will surely help reduce tax evasion....

However, there is a small section of people who have been sent notices for claiming deduction u/s 80TTA i.e. Deduction for Interest on Savings Account..

It is impossible to predict in the month of Jan-Feb the total amount of interest which is expected to be earned in March because your balance may vary.... And there are instances wherein people have been sent notices for variance in Section 80TTA....

Although this is a small no., but there have certainly been cases like this as well...

3. Karan Batra

Sending notice for Deduction under Section 80TTA is something I dont support... Rest, I support all other cases where the notices have been sent...

4. Karan Batra

Another reason that these notices were not being sent earlier is because it is impossible for the income tax officer to call each person to their office and submit documents...

However now as e-proceedings have been started, it is easier to send notices in bulk and resolve the case online itself without the need to visit the income tax dept.

ZED likes this.
  5. Asish

Asish Member

Ppf interest is credited on 31st March. Employer obviously can not put this amount in Form 16. Reported in exempt income as other. They have sent notice for that also. Supporting this too??

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Since it is the first year, there are some issues which we expect to be considered by the department.

Agree with you, Sir.
    That's what I meant when said -
    "Since, its kinda new, few problems are there, which I hope will be removed reduced in the future."

Some banks allows you to download interest certificate. Please check if its possible for you.
    https://www.hdfcbank.com/assets/popuppages/nb_135_transactions.htm
    8. Download Interest certificate for SB and Current A/c

7. Amit Poddar

Amit Poddar New Member

Talked with the CPC again today, they are saying the same thing, that they are reanalyzing, and will send a communication soon. There is no action required on the current intimation and that's the reason we are seeing "No record found", even 4-5 days after receiving the communication.

8. Amit Poddar

Amit Poddar New Member

The least CPC can do, is send another mail asking that there is no action required on the current intimation. I asked the CPC customer care to do that, but I don't think they would be doing that.

King123 likes this.
  9. ShishirJ

ShishirJ New Member

Hi All,

I also get a intimation under section 143 1(a) regarding my 80 C adjustment. I do have valid proofs as its regarding my PPF.
    But I am not getting any option under e-proceedings. Can anyone please let me know where I have to reply as its already been 7 days since I got the mail.
    Thanks.

Regards
    Shishir

10. Karan Batra

Nope... I have clearly mentioned that I'm not supporting notices which are sent for Interest Income as they cannot be ascertained before the year end..

Draft saved Draft deleted