INTIMATION 143(1)(a)

Share This Thread
  1. Ankush Garg

Ankush Garg New Member

I too talked to CPC customer care and they told me the same i.e. this communication was erroneously sent and they are reassessing and will send another communication soon. Unfortunately, they were unable to provide a timeline by when next communication will be sent but said that it will be sent for sure and the 30 day deadline can be ignored.

2. vishwas75

vishwas75 New Member

Hi,
    I have also received intimation for adjustment under 143(1)(a).
    I was with company X from april-2016 to aug-2016, after i left the company the f&f statement shows that i have recieved 4,84,000 as gross salary for FY 2016-17. I checked the pay slips and this is correct. I have not recieved any more money from them beyond 4,84,000.
    This year, end of june-2017 i recieved the form-16 from them and it shows two different gross salary, in form-16, part-a, amount paid/credited is 4,84,000. form-16 part-b shows gross salary as 6,14,000.
    Now this proposed intimation is showing below adjustment:
    upload_2017-8-3_18-0-45.png
    I asked my previous company to provide a updated f&f statement as i am sure that they have made a mistake in form-16 as i have not recieved any salary beyond 4,84,000 but the finance person is asking me to file a revised return instead of providing me with an updated f&f statement.
    Please suggest course of action in this situation:
    1. should i disagree with the adjustment and provide the f&f statement and pay slips.
    or
    other options that you might suggest.
    thanking you in advance.

3. jineshparakh1989

jineshparakh1989 New Member

Hi All,

I got notice 143(1) a for adjustment of income in return. I have two FORM16 for FY2016-17. So I have filed return including both. Now my case is I have deducted HRA amount for period Apr 2016 to Aug2016 while filing IT return for my 1st employer because they didn't gave any HRA exemption that time. I left 1st employer in Aug2016. 2nd Employer took the proof for HRA exemption from Aug2016 onwards so I got HRA exemption from 2nd employer but not from 1st employer. So I deducted HRA amount myself while filing return.

Due to this I got notice. Now I want to disagree with this notice so I will be filing my respone under e-proceeding tab.

I have few doubt here when I disagree:

Do I have to fill 2 rows under reason of disagreement - one for each employer along with their TAN or only 1 row with TAN of 1st employer

If two rows than I have to give TAN of both empployer, stating following values:

1st employer

Tan - tan of 1st employer
    Deduction under section - HRA deduction section 10(13A)
    AMount paid/credited by deducted - this would be filled using FORM 16 of 1st employer
    Nature of receipt - HRA rent receipt
    Income/Gross as per Return - this would be gross from 1st employer
    Head - head salary from 1st employer
    Reason - Alllowance exempt claimed in return but not in Form 16
    Justification -

2nd employer

Tan - tan of 2nd employer
    Deduction under section - no deduction
    AMount paid/credited by deducted - this would be filled using FORM 16 of 2nd employer
    Nature of receipt - blank
    Income/Gross as per Return - this would be gross from 2nd employer
    Head - head salary from 2nd employer
    Reason - other
    Justification - No claim from this employer

or If only 1 row then

Tan - tan of 1st employer
    Deduction under section - HRA deduction section 10(13A)
    AMount paid/credited by deducted - this would be filled using FORM 16 of both employer
    Nature of receipt - HRA rent receipt
    Income/Gross as per Return - this would be gross from both employer
    Head - head salary from both employer
    Reason - Alllowance exempt claimed in return but not in Form 16
    Justification -

Please help in clarifying this doubt.

Thanks
    Jinesh

4. King123

King123 New Member

Just now i spoke to them now., They are asking me to submit response in the portal..I ask them that it is asking TAN , which TAN no i need to mention.She said we need mention our employer TAN..Since employer TAN is already available in the portal why do they want again ? They are not sure what to advise..Gone mad

5. R Krishna

R Krishna New Member

"The response received shall be considered before making any adjustment. In case, no response is received within 30 days (thirty days) of issue of this intimation, the return of income will be processed after making necessary adjustment(s) u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961 without providing any further opportunities in this matter."
    It means the additional income that has been shown in the intimation letter will be considered or not if we dont respond?
    Based on above quoted information if we respond in 30 days it may get considered, if we dont respond what will happen?
    Can anyone help us here...

6. R Krishna

R Krishna New Member

Hi Ashish,

did you check with them? can you please let us know about the discussion..

7. Asish

Asish Member

They asked to wait for a few more days. A revised intimation will be sent if it was sent by mistake. And asked to submit response online if I do not get revised intimation within 30 days.

8. Asish

Asish Member

If u agree with that addition, u might ignore that intimation. That additional income will be added when they process the return.
    If u disagree, then u should submit response online.

9. Richard Deepak

Richard Deepak New Member

Hi, I had received 143(1) a some days back. It included the difference in my returns and the calculation done by the department. The difference is coming from a car purchase i had made (1147000/-) As per the rules the seller deducts 1% of the amount and pays to the IT department which can be claimed for refund while submitting returns. The same amount is reflected correctly in my 26AS, And I have claimed this amount while filing my returns.

But per the 143(1) a the IT department has added the amount in my total income which is incorrect. The status “Awaiting response” was reflecting in my account when logged in. I called up the customer care and they told me that I don't have to respond to any 143(1) a received as there are redoing the same and would be sending a revised response soon. Based on this I didn't respond. It’s been more that 30 days now. The option for responding in the website is also gone.

What options do I have now? Did I make a mistake in not submitting my response by listening to the customer care?

Draft saved Draft deleted