Intrest on FD's and ITR submission

Share This Thread
  1. SriSam

    SriSam New Member


    I have got couple of FD's and TDS was deducted for the interest on those FD's. when contacted with the bank they informed me to submit IT returns and claim the TDS.

    My question is:

    1. I don't have any other income source, so no form 16 and also from bank as well for the TDS.
    I have done some investments which fall under 80c.
    2. Is it possible for me to file the ITR just with form 26AS with out form 16, and claim the refund for the TDS, as I have done some investments under 80c.

    Please let know.

  2. Yes, u can file your return showing income from bank only and investments.
  3. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    As sir said, its possible . But you must have got TDS certificate from bank also [Form 16A] , apart from entries appearing in form 26AS.
  4. SriSam

    SriSam New Member

    Hi Zed,

    No, I haven't got the Form16A from the bank. will banks provide form16A, if yes please let me know I will check with them.

    I am planning to do online filing, how would I submit the investments proofs, I have gone through 2 sites for filing online, I haven't found any option to produce the investments proofs.
    With out option to upload the investment proofs, will I get back the TDS deducted. I am bit worried.

    Please suggest.

  5. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    Yes, they will provide. Further, also ask for interest certificate and under interest income, enter that income which is given in interest certificate.
    You do not need to submit investment proof, you need to give details in form 16A.
    You may mail me in case of further clarification.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Intrest on Home Loan Income Tax May 10, 2016
ALLOWABLITY OF INTREST U/S 201(1A) OR LATE FEES U/S 234E Income Tax Sep 21, 2015
Income tax rebate on Bank FD's Income Tax Mar 3, 2017