Investment Planning of funds received from Family Settlement

Share This Thread
  1. Dhiraj_N

Dhiraj_N New Member

Hello

Out of the family settlement, i have received 1 crore in cheque and another 1 crore in cash. Every month i need 80,000 for my home expense(groceries,kids education, electrcity bill etc). I run a manufacturing business(proprietor firm), which runs at par(yearly profit of approx 50,000). Now the 80,000 / month has to be generated from the Rs 2 crores settlement money.

My requirement is to invest my money wisely while paying least taxes and generate money to meet my monthly expenses alongwith making savings for future

How to Invest ?

1. FD ?
    2. Real Estate (rental Income)?
    3. Shares/Bonds?

The 80,000 expense/ month is spent as 25,000 on cheque money(vide school fees and electricity bills) and 55,000 is spend as cash

Dhiraj

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

Dear Dhiraj

It is good to note that you have started planning for future and have defined your expenses as well.

As a fundamental rule of investing, it is always advised that " Never put all your eggs in 1 basket".

Therefore it is advisable to invest a proportion of your investment in all the 3 options mentioned above.

Dhiraj_N likes this.
  3. gaurav_kumar

If I would have been in a similar situation, I would have preferred to invest the least in Shares.

Although the income arising from Shares is tax-free, but is a very risky investment option and therefore would advise you to research properly before investing in shares.

Dhiraj_N likes this.
  4. gaurav_kumar

As far as Real Estate and Fixed Deposits are concerned, if you intent to invest for Long Term - the returns on Real Estate are expected to be higher than returns on Fixed Deposits.

Through Real Estate, you would be earning Rental Income as well as Appreciation in the value of land

Dhiraj_N likes this.
  5. gaurav_kumar

And in case you intend to earn regular recurring rental income from Real Estate - the Rent from Commercial Property is always much higher than the Rent from Residential Property.

Dhiraj_N likes this.
  6. Dhiraj_N

Dhiraj_N New Member

Thanks Gaurav Ji

There is lot of scope of appreciation in NCR region. As in Delhi property rates are already saturated(many places are seeing downward correction). Where should be my point of focus while searching for commercial property for having a recurring rental income.?

7. gaurav_kumar

I'm from Mumbai and therefore dont have much idea about property prices in Delhi.

Just ensure that wherever you invest, the property is legal and is not a risky investment.

8. Investing in property may not give you immediate returns. You money will get locked. Since, you need regular monthly income, you can invest in FD and Mutual Funds. Again Mutual Funds are subject to market risks. You can park a part of the funds in Mutual Funds for better returns than FD.

Dhiraj_N and bela shah like this.
  9. Vijay Kapoor

Vijay Kapoor New Member

Hello Dhiraj,
    As per your information one thing is clear that you want to invest money in a way that it will make sense in your future so as per my suggestion I would recommend you have services of wealth management firm which will not only guide you but also helps to plan your money in a effective manner.

10. Jacky Chen

Jacky Chen New Member

Frankly speaking, I don’t think 80000 is a big amount especially if you are willing to invest. I would suggest you to try just 5k; it is enough to make you this much and that too with ease. I have been doing Forex trading for last 8 years. As of present, I am able to make around 1-2k easily with just 1k investment helped by my broker OctaFX through their 50% bonus on deposit. So just imagine how much you could actually make with 5k, but obviously you need knowledge and experience for it which took me years to come.

Draft saved Draft deleted