Invoice raised in May, services provided in June - Service Tax Rate?

Share This Thread
  1. Neha Agarwal

Neha Agarwal Member

Gagsarora, Registration is required once you crossed the limit of Rs 9 Lac in any financial year and service tax will be paid after 10 lac. Service tax will be charger 6342+100+Tds will not be deducted. becoz this is the total amount you are collecting from Customer. I will suggest you to confirm it by any C.A. I think, registration will be under Tours & Travels service.
    Thanks

2. gagsarora

gagsarora New Member

INR 5,750 INR 859 INR 6,609

Less Net Commission INR 345

Add TDS INR 34.5

Add Service Tax INR 42.642

Net Payable INR 6,342 ( this is net payable by me to iata agent)

when am raised invoice am charged 6342 + 100 = 6442/-

so am able to charge ST on 100 rs only or also on 34.5(TDS)

3. GSK

GSK New Member

Hi All,

Opinion required on below scenario.

We are in telecom services and charged advance rental for service like Leased Line.. The services is continuous in nature and disconnected when customer ask for it.

The invoice pattern is like we bill in Mar'15 for Apr-Jun'15 period in Jun'15 for Jul'15-Sep'15 period and so on...i.e. In Mar'15 we raised bill for 300 for Apr-Jun'15

We received communication from our tax department that as per new tax change we need to raise debit note for 2% additional service tax for Jun'15 (i.e. Debit note of Rs. 2 for Jun'15 service charge of INR 100) service period and pass on the Credit of .36% (i.e. Credit of Re. .36 to our customer for Jun'15 service period.)

Assume customer not paid till 4 Jun'15 for invoices raised in Mar'15... Please suggest is raising Debit and Credit is right way...? I read somewhere that in case of continuous service case if invoice raised before change of tax then only older rate would be applicable and no further debit / credit...

Please suggest.

4. Mohit Saini 91

Mohit Saini 91 New Member

if the service is provided on 8th April, 2015 and the invoice is raised on 8th April, 2015 but the payment is made on or after 1st June, 2015, what would be the applicable rate of Service Tax ?

5. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

6. MUKESH GORANA

MUKESH GORANA New Member

PROVIDE US NOTIFICATION

7. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

@MUKESH GORANA : For the official notification in this regard, kindly refer Rule 4a of the Point of Taxation Rules

8. Rohini1022

Rohini1022 New Member

what if invoice is raised before 1st june and half payment is also done before 1st june?

Taranpreet kaur likes this.
  9. Narmadha

Narmadha New Member

If the Service Provided in May, The Invoice has been raised in Jun, then What would be the Tax rate???

10. sai tejesh(ca.final)

sai tejesh(ca.final) Active Member

@Rohini1022

Even if part payment received also.. it comes under payment.
    So service tax @12.36% is applicable.

@Narmadha
    Kindly provide what is the date of payment..
    Any way if payment made on before 1st jun,then service tax rate is 12.36%.
    Else 14%.

Draft saved Draft deleted