Invoice without Address

Share This Thread
  1. Sarfraz Khan

Sarfraz Khan New Member

Dear Sir,

I received a bill from my vendor and they have charged service tax on taxable amount, but they have not mentioned my office address on the Invoice but they only have mentioned my Company name.

Will I get cenvat credit for the same as they have not mentioned my address.

2. Yes you can take Cenvat credit of service tax paid by you to your vendor. It is the responsibility of your vendor to show full detail in invoice, not your.

He must show following information in invoice issued by them:
    1. Name , address and registration number .
    2. Name and address of service receiver.
    3. Description , classification and value of taxable service and
    4 . service tax payable thereon.

You must make sure that your vendor have registration number and timely deposit service tax.

3. Sarfraz Khan

Sarfraz Khan New Member

is there any circular ? if you have please provide.

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

The credit is as such not admissible to you. You will have to contact AC/DC in order to claim the credit. Relevant extracts from various rules have been cited for your reference.

Sub rule 2 to rule 9 of CENVAT credit Rules 2004

(2) No CENVAT credit under sub-rule(1) shall be taken unless all the particulars as prescribed under the Central Excise Rules, 2002 or the Service Tax Rules, 1994, as the case may be, are contained in the said document:

What are the prescribed particulars under Service Tax rules 1994?
    [Rule 4A]
    such invoice, bill or, as the case may be, challan shall be serially numbered and shall contain the following, namely :- (i) the name, address and the registration number of such person(service provider); (ii) the name and address of the person receiving taxable service; (iii) description and value of taxable service provided or agreed to be provided; and] (iv) the service tax payable thereon

Provided that if the said document does not contain all the particulars but contains the details of duty or service tax payable, description of the goods or taxable service, assessable value, Central Excise or Service tax Registration number of the person issuing the invoice, as the case may be, name and address of the factory or warehouse or premises of first or second stage dealers or provider of taxable service, and the Deputy Commissioner of Central Excise or the Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise, as the case may be, is satisfied that the goods or services covered by the said document have been received and accounted for in the books of the account of the receiver, he may allow the CENVAT credit;

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted