Is Excess Stipend paid required to be refunded on Termination?

Share This Thread
  1. Vineet Rana

Vineet Rana New Member

I want help on this topic please give me a suggestion .
    I am currently doing articleship in a ca firm in nirman vihar at a stipend of rs. 2000 /- month. But now i request to my principal to give me a transfer but he said that you have to return the stipend which i was paid to u in exess of rs. 1000/-month & total amount is 8000 . Is this correct? Please give me a suggestion what i have to do in this situation so i am able to take any decision.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

You are not required to return the stipend that has been paid to you.

Rs. 1,000 is the minimum stipend to be paid to an article and there is no max limit.

Tell your CA that Big 4's pay Rs. 8,000 in the 1st year as articleship stipend but they dont ask back the stipend paid as their is no such clause that stipend is to be paid back.

3. Vineet Rana

Vineet Rana New Member

thanks but he is not ready for signing the form and said tha he sign the form only after receiving the amount

4. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

He has no right to demand back the excess stipend paid.

Maybe you can visit ICAI office in Vishwas Nagar and ask them for their guidance.

5. Vineet Rana

Vineet Rana New Member

ok i will surely visit viswas nagar today. Thanks For giving suggestion

6. DAYANIDHI NAYAK

DAYANIDHI NAYAK New Member

can u plz tell me about hw to do the audit of compilation and fiinalization of annual accounts of govt corporation????

Draft saved Draft deleted