Is Graduation mandatory to apply for CA Membership?

Share This Thread
  1. auditya

auditya New Member

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have cleared both groups of IPCC in May 2014 and registered for articleship on 10/09/2014.
    I wanted to know the best time to register for final CA exam. Will my attempt of May 2017 get delayed if I register after 31/10/2014. The ICAI branch at bangalore is recommending to register immediately, can you please tell me the reason for the same.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

Your eligibility to appear in CA Final Exams is determined from the date of starting Articleship and not from the date of Registering for CA Final.

Even if you register in 2016, your attempt will not get delayed.

PS: As a normal practice, students register for CA Final Exams 6 months before the attempt is due so that they get the latest Practice Manual and Study Material that would be applicable for their attempt.

auditya likes this.
  3. auditya

auditya New Member

Thanks a lot. I also wanted to know if graduation is mandatory for CA membership. Can I appear for IAS exams with CA but without graduation.

4. Parul_Gupta

1. Graduation is not mandatory to apply for CA Membership No.
    2. You can appear for Civil Services Exam as well on the basis of your CA Degree even if you dont have a Graduation Degree.

However, I would also like to inform you that at the time of applying for jobs, most companies specifically mention in their eligibility criteria that you should be a Graduate + CA.

Therefore, it is highly advisable to have a graduation degree.

auditya likes this.
  5. auditya

auditya New Member

Thanks for your advice regarding my query and also ,will you please tell about the institute's new notification regarding CA Final registration, for those who cleared both the groups of ipcc in their first attempt .
    As per your advise i posted my articleship form to chennai , but now when i called the icai they just told me to post the CA final registration form along with DD, articleship form ( photo copy) , so that the registration for articleship and Final will be made at a time .
    will you please tell me the reason why they advised me to do so.
    And also what are the consequences i am going to face if i have not registered now.
    and apart from this i am so thankful for what you have done.

6. Parul_Gupta

1. Which notification are you referring to??

2. You still have 7 months for your Exams and your Registration would be surely processed in time. No need to worry on that.

7. auditya

auditya New Member

Ma'am, actually i am not familiar with the notification , but my auditor is saying that they are not responsible for any kind of consequence that i may face, for my delayed registeration of ca final . So i am so bothered about that . And also i am about to appear for my final exam in may 2017.

thanks for sparing time for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted