IT benefit under sec 80c for child's education

Share This Thread
  1. poddarnirmal

    poddarnirmal New Member

    If I give my wife a gift, and she uses it to pay the school fees of our son, can she claim 80C benefit?

    My 80C limits are already used up PF. She has short term gains and income from House rent but will like to reinvest all back into equity.
  2. sai tejesh(

    sai tejesh( Active Member

    Yes,she can claim deduction U/s 80c and it is good tax planning.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Tax benefit under nps Income Tax Dec 9, 2017
Home loan interest benefit in under construction flat Income Tax Dec 4, 2017
Tax Benefits for under construction property Income Tax Jul 29, 2017
availing benefit under section 80c Income Tax Jul 26, 2017
Joint Home Loan /joint owners - Tax benefits under 80C and 24b Income Tax May 30, 2017