ITAX wrongly Paid

Share This Thread
  1. TVS

TVS New Member

For my Hsg Society for AY2009-10 I had paid again erroneously an amount which was seen as Outstanding when the amount had in fact already been paid before filing the ITR5 Return. On rechecking I found that the Tax Payment Section Info had "shifted" by one column to the left thus leaving the Amt. Column Blank. I had not checked to see whether I was issued a 143(1) Order and in addition the second mistake was to "Agree" with the CPC Blr Demand in order to adjust the second Payment. The CPC BLR instead of going thru my Society's ITR5 and checking with the 26AS for the Tax Paid simply started adding up Interest Demand for apparent late payment. When I started following it up CPC BLR simply did not help matters by handing over matters to the AO. How to resolve this issue online now by correction of ITR? Is it possible?

2. nikhil9090

nikhil9090 Member

Contact the Assessing officer or Bank Depending upon the type of correction. Also as per Income tax india website - for rectifications in challans paid through online mode (internet challan), taxpayer may contact their concerned assessing officer (AO) of the Income tax department (ITD).

3. TVS

TVS New Member

My query was is it possible to do the correction of ITR5 now on-line and claim the REFUND of the amount wrongly paid instead of the rigmarole of approaching the local AO?

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

For rectification the time period is 4 year from the end of the relevant financial year. In which period the demand was raised? If it relates to that period ,only then rectification is possible otherwise you will have to approach AO.

TVS likes this.
  5. TVS

TVS New Member

Thanks
    No use with online

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Sadly, rightly said.

TVS likes this.
  7. TVS

TVS New Member

L
    Interestingly the same thing happened with my ITR1 for AY2010-11 when the ITO only recently sent me the 143(1) Order but I did the online Correction giving the Challan details to which the ITO or CPC has not responded...is there any time limit for such mishaps corrections to be verified and settled by the ITO? More importantly Y does the problem of "shifting" of the columns to the Left leaving the amt. column in ITR Blank occur? Is this a trickery of the IT Dept or CPC Blr?

8. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

You mentioned that you received the 143(1) recently, but whats the date on it? [Original]

Refund can be granted to you but the thing is you will have to visit the AO and the issue in that would be that as such there is no time limit which has been fixed for rectifying such defects.[I have presumed that rectification is not possible.]

Of Course , you can send grievance if your refund is not issued soon[6 months]

9. TVS

TVS New Member

the second part "Y does the SHIFTING of Challan AMT. Paid " occur? How to prevent it?

10. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

I am not sure as to what happened. Didn't came across this.

Draft saved Draft deleted