ITAX wrongly Paid

Share This Thread
  1. TVS

TVS New Member

2016-06-27.png

This is of my society Tax paid in the ITR5

Can U see the anomaly in the ITR Tax Paid SCH.?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Yes, I didn't came across such a thing before. Its a bit strange.
    It certainly was not your fault.

Write an application for refund and demand refund along with interest of 0.5% per month or part thereof .[S.237 read with S.244A]

244A. (1) Where refund of any amount becomes due to the assessee under this Act, he shall, subject to the provisions of this section, be entitled to receive, in addition to the said amount, simple interest thereon calculated in the following manner, namely :—

(a) where the refund is out of any tax collected at source under section 206C or paid by way of advance tax or treated as paid under section 199, during the financial year immediately preceding the assessment year, such interest shall be calculated at the rate of one-half per cent for every month or part of a month comprised in the period,—

(i) from the 1st day of April of the assessment year to the date on which the refund is granted, if the return of income has been furnished on or before the due date specified under sub-section (1) of section 139; or

(ii) from the date of furnishing of return of income to the date on which the refund is granted, in a case not covered under sub-clause (i);

(aa) where the refund is out of any tax paid under section 140A, such interest shall be calculated at the rate of one-half per cent for every month or part of a month comprised in the period, from the date of furnishing of return of income or payment of tax, whichever is later, to the date on which the refund is granted:

Provided that no interest under clause (a) or clause (aa) shall be payable, if the amount of refund is less than ten per cent of the tax as determined under sub-section (1) of section 143 or on regular assessment;

3. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Which software was used?

4. TVS

TVS New Member

Same GOVT IT Downloaded ITR 5

5. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

I mean MS office or open office or libre office or some other software?
    The docs of IT department are based on MS office and there can be slight variance in output and processing if other software is used.

That's the reason I shifted to JAVA, it is cross platform.It will give same result on all limux as on windows.

TVS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted