ITR 1 for disclosing Income under Section 194J

Share This Thread
  1. hkumar61

hkumar61 New Member

My daughter has earned only three month income under section 194J during FY 2015-16 (around 1.08L). She got interest from Bank FD of Rs. 2.76L under section 194A.

My query is that whether ITR-1 can be filed by showing all income as other income. She is not having any expenditure to be shown which is normally required for balance sheet purpose in ITR-4.

An early reply shall be very helpful as return is to be filed before 31st July

2. Piyush Chawla

Piyush Chawla Active Member

If she does not intent to claim any expenses, she can file ITR 1 for disclosing the Income earned on which TDS has been deducted under Section 194J

3. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

I personally would not advise to file ITR-1 . Since the tax has been deducted u/s 194J it means that professional service has been rendered and the govt. will have this information because of the TDS return filed by the deductor. The two information will be inconsistent.

Further as per rule 12 of the Income tax rules, ITR-1 can not be used if the assessee has income from profession.

You can select no account case in ITR-4 and in that option you will not have to prepare any balance sheet, similarly see for P&L.

Draft saved Draft deleted