Share This Thread

    NN SHARMA New Member

    I have filed ITR -1 through e filing one 05th July 2016 for the AY 2016/17.
    There was a mismatch in TDS due to wrong TAN quoted
    In the meanwhile the Income under FDR interest quoted by my bankers was
    revised and the revision reflected in 26AS.
    As per IT dept helpline advise a revised return was filed. But while filing revised return the same mistake of quoting wrong TAN for a TDS entry was repeated, rendering even the revised return inaccurate.

    Now what do I do? Can I file one more revised return. If yeas what acknowledgement number should I quote, i.e., the original filing acknowledgement number or revised return acknowledggement number. Please guide.

    NN Sharma
  2. Shivangi Garg

    Shivangi Garg Member

    Yes you can file revise return and fill acknowledgment number of revised return.
Draft saved Draft deleted