ITR Form for disclosure of Arrears of Salary?

Share This Thread
  1. Saai Sekar

Saai Sekar New Member

Dear Sir,

My brother is employed in Nationalised bank and he has been filing Income Tax. This time,ay 2016 -2017,the office,has given him Form 10 E,towards the arrears amountof Rs 2,11,304-.

He has been filing IT return in ITR !, so far,till last year. This time,some of my friends says that ITR form 1, is not the correct one,as he had arrears and fill up form no;4.

He has no reunf from IT. He has form 16.Pl inform me which form to fill/follow.

2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

ITR-1 can be used. Upload the form 10E at the income tax website and simultaneously claim relief u/s 89(1). Relief will not be processed if Form 10 E is not submitted.

3. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

ITR-1 can be used. Upload the form 10E at the income tax website and simultaneously claim relief u/s 89(1). Relief will not be processed if Form 10 E is not submitted.

4. Saai Sekar

Saai Sekar New Member

Dear Sir,
    Many thanks for your information.
    Pl clarify the following.

The tax paid by him,for the a.y. 2016-2017,appears in the it website,as form 26 AS.
    But for the Form 10 E, issued by the office,gives the details of arrears paid and rebate details,doesnot even bear the signature of any official. Prepared in just A4 size .
    Is it sufficient to upload this 10 E.
    Please give your reply in detail. Many thanks in advance.

5. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

6. Saai Sekar

Saai Sekar New Member

Dear Sir,
    I am not very clear with the last sentence,e file > prepare and submit online form (other than ITR). Your step by step advice,for filing will be of great help.
    Many thanks.

7. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted