ITR Form for TDS on Income deducted under Section 194J

Share This Thread
  1. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    No, it is not mandatory to show it as Business Income and use ITR 4

    You can show it as Income from other sources if this is not the main source of your income.

    In such a case, you can file ITR 1
  2. Dilip Agrawal

    Dilip Agrawal New Member

    if I will show it in income from other sources then i will be eligible to deduct the travel expenses from that income or not .
  3. achili

    achili New Member

    I have worked as an employee in one company for 2 months of FY2015 and got Form16. And the next 6 months I have worked as a consultant in another company and got Form 16A under 194j.

    Which ITR form can I use to file returns??

    Can I use ITR Form 1 ?? Or Do I need to file two different Forms ?? Or do I need to use Form 4??
    ballabh rv singh likes this.
  4. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    @Dilip Agrawal : You would be able to claim all expenses but you wont be able to claim depreciation on assets if you disclose the income under other sources
  5. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    @achili : You only have to file 1 consolidated ITR

    If your major source of income is as a consultant - you would be required to file ITR 4

    If income as a salaried is major source - you may file ITR 1
  6. Dilip Agrawal

    Dilip Agrawal New Member

    Thanks for your reply .
  7. Piyush Chawla

    Piyush Chawla Active Member

    Dear Dilip

    It is not mandatory to file ITR 4 if you have income on which TDS has been deducted under section 194J
    Dilip Agrawal likes this.
  8. Dilip Agrawal

    Dilip Agrawal New Member

    thanks sir .
  9. achili

    achili New Member

    Hi Karan,

    Thanks for your reply,

    Do I have the option to club the income from first company in ITR 4?
    Where I need to mention the income that I received as salary in ITR 4?

    Please let me know..
  10. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    @achili : In ITR 4, you can mention the Salary Details in Schedule S.

    Screenshot attached herewith

Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
income u/s10(38) shown in which ITR form if taxpayer an indivisual and income from salary under 50 l Income Tax Jun 10, 2017
Projected Annual Income for Form 13 Income Tax Apr 2, 2017
Sec 114B of Income Tax Rules & Form 60/61 Income Tax Aug 12, 2016
ITR Form for Income from Salary & Agriculture Income Tax Aug 4, 2016
mismatch in salary income in Form 12 BA and 26 AS. Income Tax Jul 29, 2016