Share This Thread
  1. sarathsg

    sarathsg New Member

    I am a govt employee and also in stockmarket.Last year i had made a profit from more than 1 yr holding,less than a year and intraday only in equities ,no F&O.
    In which itr form i need to file.Can i file as a inevstor
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    ITR-4 only
    Intra day transactions are treated as speculative transactions.
    The loss from intraday transactions can only be adjusted against the gain from intraday transactions.

    You are free to have separate portfolios like you can treat some of the shares as capital asset provided they are not dealt in intra day transactions.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
IT RETURN FORM,after submission. Income Tax Jan 2, 2019
What is Form 26AS (How does it work filling IT return) Income Tax Oct 11, 2018
ITR Form for Profession Fees Income Tax Jun 22, 2018
Form 15CA Income Tax Apr 10, 2018
Error in Form 26 AS Income Tax Apr 9, 2018