ITR Received after due date - have Refund

Share This Thread
  1. Prashant Patil

Prashant Patil New Member

Dear All

I have filed ITR showing refund. But ITR for the same are received after due date. It shown "ITR received after due date" and that return is not processed.

What should I do now to claim refund for the above return.

Vide Circular No. 13/2016 dated, 09/05/16, CBDT has relaxed and extended the time limit for verification of the e-filed return through EVC or by submitting signed ITR-V to CPC, Bengaluru. As per the circular the e-filed return referred above has to be verified through EVC or by submitting ITR-V on or before 31-08-2016.

Above circular is also applicable for FY.2014-15 or not AND also for Returns with Refund.

Thank you.
  2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

3. NewUser

NewUser New Member

is this applicable to AY 2015-2016 also? I sent the ITRV by post for AY 2015-2016 only recently(after 120 days) and status is 'ITRV received after due date' now. Will this get processed?
  4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Chances are that it will. Try EVC if thats not possible then try revising the return with no change in any particular and send the ITR-V of the revised one.
Draft saved Draft deleted