Liabilty of Payment of Service Tax

Share This Thread
  1. directorsaurabh

directorsaurabh New Member

Hallo Experts,

It is very nice to see experts of Taxes like this way,

I have a Franchisee of a delhi Based IT Institute running computer Hardware & Software Courses. My Institute is registered with society act. My Total collection in a financial year is not more than 9.00 lakh, . however i registered my Society with Service Tax Department. I take fee from student with service tax My Institute is not collect amount(Receipts) more than 9.00 lakhs, should i pay service tax on Collection of Receipts? Suppose My Institute collect 4.5 lakhs with ST In one financial year. Should i pay ST of Total collection?

Your valuable suggestion would be appricited

Thanks

cs

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

3. directorsaurabh

directorsaurabh New Member

Thanks a lot neha for your valuable suggestion. I will revert you later after consulting my Head office Of Company.

4. Ramesh K Shinde

Ramesh K Shinde New Member

If collection is not more than 10 lakh why he is charging & not paying to ST. Don't charge ST & don't pay.
    If he has charged amount under Service Tax head to students, he has to pay collected tax to Service tax dept.

5. CA keshav Agarwal

CA keshav Agarwal New Member

Hi,

In this case first you should take the benefit of SSI in service tax i.e no service tax for first 10lakhs. but if you have service tax registration number and you have collected service tax on 4.5 Lakhs then you have to deposit that amount with the department. and you also have to collect service tax on balance amount because you can take SSI exemption in full not in partial amounts.ones u started collecting service tax u have to collect service tax on each service invoice.
    Hope it helps

Thanks

6. Boyad Mrugna

Boyad Mrugna New Member

plz tel me the changes in service tax applicable to may 2014 exams

7. I agree with Ramesh. If ST is collected, it should be paid and subsequently service tax return also to be filed.

8. pratik mohadikar

pratik mohadikar New Member

can we collect service tax or any other taxes from franchisee at the time of providing franchise to him we had not registered under service tax department due to treashhold limit was below 9 lakhs please solve my problem

Draft saved Draft deleted