Medical Reimbursement

Share This Thread
  1. Manjari Ghosh

Manjari Ghosh New Member

My company hv the facility of medical reimbursement. So for that per month i can deduct 1250 rs n submit bills to make 15000 as tax free amount. But this year i forgot to declare that flexi benefit n the amount was tax deducted. But i hv medical expences and bills. So during income tax return can i deduct dat amount from my taxable salary? Or its not legal as i hv nt made it tax free through my employer.

2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

You can claim this time but from next time kindly do give the details. Now we have new rule, Rule 26C which is applicable from 1.06.2016 as per which an employee should give the details of specified items to the employer, failing to which the employer will not give effect to those items.

26C. (1) The assessee shall furnish to the person responsible for making payment under sub-section (1) of section 192, the evidence or the particulars of the claims referred to in sub-rule (2), in Form No.12BB for the purpose of estimating his income or computing the tax deduction at source.

(2) The assessee shall furnish the evidence or the particulars specified in column (3), of the Table below, of the claim specified in the corresponding entry in column (2) of the said Table:—

[click image to enlarge]
    upload_2016-6-20_11-56-9.png

Extracts from Instructions for filing ITR, released by CBDT.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted