Non-taxable Income but Notice received for Non-filing of ITR

Share This Thread
  1. Shaily Jaiman

    Shaily Jaiman New Member

    Dear sir,
    my grand mother has income in form of FD interest of Rs.137690 in the FY 2013-14 and some share transaction income which has a capital loss of worth Rs.7385.07 and a long term capital gain of Rs.6308 which is exempt in Sec 10(38).now income tax department sent her a notice that why she has not filed a return in pls suggest to offer best answer to department.
    Abhijit Guha likes this.
  2. Piyush Chawla

    Piyush Chawla Active Member

    You can simply mention that her income is below the minimum amount chargeable to tax.
    Abhijit Guha likes this.

    ANCHAL SONI New Member

    I have a demat account and sale purchase of shares and earned rs. 15000 and i received a notice by post u/s 143(1) for non filing the return for 2013-14 so tell me what i do.
  4. Sudipto123

    Sudipto123 New Member

    As mentioned by Piyush above - you can tell them that as your income is less than the minimum amount chargeable to tax - no tax is applicable and therefore you didnt file the income tax return
  5. prasaddv

    prasaddv New Member

    you should mention the income will be under below tax

    ANCHAL SONI New Member

    Sir can a firm file itr u/s 44 ad for the year 2015-16-17 and claim interest on capital and partner salary expenses

    ANCHAL SONI New Member

    sir kindly give me reply
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Income Tax on sale of a house Income Tax Jul 17, 2018
Is income from car pooling considered as Income from other sources? Income Tax Jul 15, 2018
Does Google Adsense income falls under section 44AD ? Income Tax Jun 21, 2018
Income tax for AY 2019/20 Income Tax Jun 7, 2018
Equity income when filing under Section 44ADA Income Tax May 8, 2018