Notice from Income Tax for less Payment of Tax

Share This Thread

    V.S.KALIDASS New Member

    Sir, I am a Govt.Servant.My tax (Rs 21,807) on taxable income was deducted by Employer through Treasury.But it was not credit in INCOME TAX A/C. So I have received an intimation u/s 143(1) from IT Dept, to pay full tax amount .I have seen this mistake from FORM 26AS.How can I solve this problem? Please reply sir.
  2. Parul_Gupta

    Parul_Gupta Active Member

    As full tax has been paid by you (through TDS on Salary), you should not be afraid of any such notice.

    You can write a letter to the income tax officer intimating him that TDS has already been deducted from your salary. Also attach a proof of Form 16 which reflects the TDS deducted on Salary.
  3. Parul_Gupta

    Parul_Gupta Active Member

    In the meantime, also contact your employer and tell them that your Form 26AS has not been updated with the correct particulars.

    Tell them that you have also received a notice for the same from the tax department.
  4. Parul_Gupta

    Parul_Gupta Active Member

    It may take some time but everything will be sorted out without you being required to pay any additional tax.
Draft saved Draft deleted