Notice from Income Tax for less Payment of Tax

Share This Thread
  1. V.S.KALIDASS

V.S.KALIDASS New Member

Sir, I am a Govt.Servant.My tax (Rs 21,807) on taxable income was deducted by Employer through Treasury.But it was not credit in INCOME TAX A/C. So I have received an intimation u/s 143(1) from IT Dept, to pay full tax amount .I have seen this mistake from FORM 26AS.How can I solve this problem? Please reply sir.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

As full tax has been paid by you (through TDS on Salary), you should not be afraid of any such notice.

You can write a letter to the income tax officer intimating him that TDS has already been deducted from your salary. Also attach a proof of Form 16 which reflects the TDS deducted on Salary.

3. Parul_Gupta

In the meantime, also contact your employer and tell them that your Form 26AS has not been updated with the correct particulars.

Tell them that you have also received a notice for the same from the tax department.

4. Parul_Gupta

It may take some time but everything will be sorted out without you being required to pay any additional tax.

Draft saved Draft deleted