Notice under 143(1) regarding TDS

Share This Thread
  1. S K Rai

S K Rai New Member

Dear sir,
    I ve recd notice under 143(1) on connection with outstanding of AY 10 and 12. Surprisingly I ve submitted the return. TDS at that time was made at centralised basis at corporate office Mumbai. Some of the entries of that period have posted in 2013 as per 26A statement. Would it be proper , if I send the reply enclosing copy of form 26A ?
    Pl advise

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Yes, if the TDS amount as mentioned in your Form 26AS is different from the amount as mentioned in the notice sent to you - in that case you can send a copy of your Form 26AS

S K Rai likes this.
  3. S K Rai

S K Rai New Member

Exemption U/S 80u
    Dear sir
    As I am suffering from impaired hearing with 60 and 50 decibels respectively, whether I am eligible for any exemption under 80u. If so to what extent and how.
    Regards
    S K Rai

4. V K Khanna

V K Khanna Active Member

A deduction of Rs 75000/- from 2015-16 (earlier it was Rs 50000) is admissible under Sec 80U for resident individual suffering from hearing impairment.

Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies. A certificate from the appropriate medical authority from a Govt Hospital is essential to claim deduction.

5. S K Rai

S K Rai New Member

In fact loss of hearing is in both ear ie 60 and 50 decibels respectively . Whether my case comes under above exemption. Pl advise. Regards

6. V K Khanna

V K Khanna Active Member

The meaning of the disability is not very clear - ie whether it refers to one ear or both. You can check with the Assessing Officer concerned.

Draft saved Draft deleted