Original Return filed Online, Revised Return filed Manually

Share This Thread
  1. I RETIRED UNDER EXIT OPTION OF A BANK IN APRIL 2007. THE BANK DEDUCTED INCOME TAX ON FULL EXGRATIA AMOUNT.

I SUBMITTED THE INCOME TAX RETURN IN JULY 2008 (BEFORE THE DUE DATE) BY EFILING CLAIMING A SUM OF ABOUT RS.11000 ON LOSS OF PROPERTY ETC

NO REFUND WAS RECEIVED SO FAR.

I WAS GIVEN TO UNDERSTAND THAT IN THE CASE OF EXIT OPTION EMPLOYEES OF RESERVE BANK OF INDIA EXEMPTION OF RS.5,00,000 UNDER SEC.10(10C) WAS ALLOWED.

BASED ON THAT I FILED A REVISED RETURN, MANUALLY, CLAIMING THE EXEMPTION OF RS.500000 FROM THE INCOME TAX IN THE LAST WEEK OF MARCH 2010 (WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE LAST DATE OF THE END OF THE ASSESSMENT YEAR 2008-09) CLAIMING A REFUND OF RS.130000.

IN SPITE OF REPEATED REPRESENTATIONS I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE REFUND SO FAR.

FROM INTERNAL ENQUIRIES I AM TOLD THAT AS THE ORIGINAL RETURN WAS FILED ONLINE, AND THE REVISED RETURN WAS FILED MANUALLY,THERE ARE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES IN PROCESSING THE REVISED RETURN.

WILL THE CLUB HELP ME IN MY PREDICAMENT

THANKS AND REGARDS

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Meet the income tax officer and intimate him about this case and he will help you get your income tax refund.

4. I HAVE MET FIVE OR SIX INCOME TAX OFFICES BUT OF NO AVAIL. I WANT TO KNOW HOW THE REVISED RETURN CAN BE PROCESSED WHEN THE ORIGINAL RETURN WAS FILED ELECTRONICALLY. THIS IS THE TECHNICAL ISSUE TO BE SOLVED. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION

5. Ketki

Ketki New Member

if your original return is filed electronically... u need to file your revised return electronically as well...because this is a technical issue and very diificult to resolve...we are practically still struggling for the same...

Draft saved Draft deleted