Pan Number of landlord

Share This Thread
  1. Bala Srinivas

Bala Srinivas New Member

I understand from recent CBDT circular that PAN number of landlord to be furnished in case rent paid per month exceeds INR8,333. I pay monthly amount of INR13,000. However I pay INR7,000 towards first floor to one landlord and INR6,000 towards ground floor (my parents stay in Ground floor) to another landlord.

Am I eligible to show rent paid towards my parents house in HRA?

Do I need to quote PAN number of landlord in this situation?

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

The Law says that if the Annual Rent paid is more than Rs. 1 Lakh, it is mandatory for the employee the PAN No. of the Landlord

Therefore, if you are claiming HRA Exemption of the Rent paid for Ground Floor, you would be required to intimate the PAN Card, as the Total Annual Rent paid would be more than Rs. 1 Lakh p.a.

If you are not claiming HRA Exemption of Rent Paid for Ground Floor, you wouldn't be required to intimate the PAN Card because total annual rent paid would be less than Rs. 1 Lakh

3. Bala Srinivas

Bala Srinivas New Member

I am paying INR 13,000 in total (1) towards rent for my self INR7,000 and (2) for ground floor where my parents staying INR6,000. Landlords are different

Can you please clarify on the below

(1) Can I show INR13,000 towards HRA

(2) Do I need to furnish PAN number even though amount paid to each landlord is less than INR8,333 per month

4. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Dear Sir

1. Yes, you can claim HRA exemption of Rs. 13000
    2. You will have to intimate the PAN No. as total rent paid by you is more than Rs. 1 Lakh. Irrespective of the no. of landlords, if rent paid is more than Rs 1 Lakh, you'll have to disclose the PAN No

5. Bala Srinivas

Bala Srinivas New Member

Many Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted