PROFESSIONAL TAX

Share This Thread
  1. DEEPAK KUMAR SARAF

DEEPAK KUMAR SARAF New Member

I am a Bank Employee , Staying in West Bengal . In FY 2011-12 , 2012-13 and now this FY i.e. 2013-14 recently my Branch got enrolled in Professional Tax , there were arrears in PT since the above mentioned FY's already we have declared this FY investments and all everything , now i am paying around 4000 with all interest. I would like to know the way i can get Refund of the excess Tax which i am paying to Gov.

2. VAIBHAV DILIP RANE

VAIBHAV DILIP RANE Active Member

Profession Tax, is the liability on the Company or Employer Side, to pay PT to the State.

PT consist of PTEC & PTRC
    PTEC Tax, is of Employer Himself, where Employer pay his PT to the state,.. and
    PTRC Tax, is where Employer Deducts "PT" from salary of every employees, and pay the same to the state,...

Since your Employer has not deduct your PT in past, since 11-12,...
    It is duty of your Employer to Deduct PT of employees Retrospectively, from FY 11-12, along with Penal Interest on it,...

Thus, your Employer is doing compliance with Law,. and it is right,..

> You shall not get any "Refund" on such Taxes.

Draft saved Draft deleted