Rectification of Mistake after due date of Revision

Share This Thread
  1. Pravesh Singh

    Pravesh Singh New Member

    My uncle retired in FY 2011-2012 , he filled his return by him-self and forget to claim exemption u/s 10(10AA)(i) Treatment of Leave Salary and now the return can’t be revised because the due date is passed and now he wants to claim exemption u/s 10(10AA)(i) Treatment of Leave Salary. So how can revise the return, can it be possible to rectify his return u/s 154 of Rectification of mistake.
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    If you will opt for rectification, then application is ought to be rejected because this case required revision of income and hence return should have been revised u/s 139(5). Not saying nothing can be done, there are chances. First I need all the details , the ITR form, amount of exemption sought to be claimed and its calculation. You can mail them to me @ [email protected]
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
How to file rectification on Disability Pension Income Tax Sep 3, 2017
RECTIFICATION OF 26AS Income Tax Jun 22, 2017
Rectification u/s 154 Income Tax Mar 25, 2017
Rectification request rejected for relief u/s 89 Income Tax Nov 27, 2016
Rectification processed no demand no refund Income Tax Oct 18, 2016