REFUND RECEIVED - RETURN SECOND TIME REVISED

Share This Thread
  1. POLLY CHAKALAKAL

POLLY CHAKALAKAL New Member

Dear sirs,
    I submitted a revised return for AY 15-16 online and received refund to my account. I have now received a notice under Sec 143(2) of the IT Act 1961 for scrutiny Interest Income. I was an employee of SBI retired on 31/05/2014. The Form 16A issued by the Branches did not match with what is obtained from "Traces". This was realised only on checking at the "Traces", that too after receipt of the IT notice dt.01/08/2014. The original return was filed on 21/08/2015. Now I am submitting a newly revised return (139/5 complied). Kindly tell me what happens with the refund already received considering that the newly revised return entails more refunds much more that what I have already received.
    Polly Chakalakal

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

You'll get the refund again for the balance amount

Umakanta Nayak likes this.
  3. POLLY CHAKALAKAL

POLLY CHAKALAKAL New Member

When I received a refund and subsequently Notice u/s 143(2) was served on me (1) Whether or not can I send a revised return? (2) Whether or not is it necessary to present before the officer or after filing the revised return, information of the same by a letter addressed to the officer, before date of presenting before him, would be sufficient? (3) Since I received the refund, whether it can be assumed that the return is processed and no more revision is permitted?
    The Notice was received from Ward 3, Kottayam.
    Polly Chakalakal

Draft saved Draft deleted