Regarding deduction under sec 80E

Share This Thread
  1. bineshb

    bineshb New Member


    I wanted to know if I can claim deduction under section 80E, if I'm paying the interest on the education loan, but the loan is in my spouse's name?

  2. bineshb

    bineshb New Member

  3. Neha Sharma

    Neha Sharma Active Member

    If the loan was sanctioned in your name for the education of your spouse, you wld hv been able to claim deduction under section 80e.

    Deduction wont be available in the case as mentioned by you.

    VAIBHAV DILIP RANE Active Member

    Section 80 E of the Income Tax Act,

    Claiming Deductions for Interest paid on Educational Loan (EL) for Self or Spouse or Children for Higher Education,

    1) Higher Education means - After 10+2 or After Senior Secondary Education
    2) Loan must be in Name of Assessee, and the Installment must be paid by Assessee
    3) For Higher Education of Self or Spouse or Children
    4) Loan Papers must mention clearly that it is EL

    Assessee can claim Deductions, from Initial AY, up to immediately succeeding 7 AY or period of Interest paid, whichever is earlier.

    ## Your Spouse, can claim Interest on EL, u/s. 80 E, under hers PAN, in hers Return of Income.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Confusion regarding 80C,80CCD with regards to NPS...additional deduction for 50000.. Income Tax Sep 30, 2016
Query regarding "Tax Deduction for Personal Loan" Income Tax Aug 3, 2016
Regarding Home Loan Deduction Income Tax Jul 23, 2016
Query Regarding TDS Deduction Income Tax Jun 4, 2016
Query regarding deductions under80E Income Tax Apr 26, 2016