Regarding income from salary in TDS1 in ITR1

Share This Thread
  1. AJAY KUMAR BHALOTRA

AJAY KUMAR BHALOTRA New Member

I was retired from PSU (MTNL) on 01.06.2015. While filing return for AY-2016-17 in ITR1 my amount of about Rs 14 lakhs(Rs 3 lakhs as salary+11 lakhs as Leave encahment) was found Pre-filled as Salary from income with TDS amount deducted (about 22000/= on pay while leave encashment allowance was exempt under section 10 , as shown on form16A given by MTNL) on TDS1. So ,thinking that since it was picked up from AS26 and can't be changed I have submitted my TDS as it is. On theother hand I have shown 'Chargeable income as Rs 8 lakhs in my ITR1 and paid total tax about 65000/=.
    So, my question is should I changed my Income from salary at TDS1 which was known lately from my friends. Now as I have already submitted my ITR1 on 02.07.15, what can I do now ?
    Can I submit REVISED Itr1.
    Further at TDS2, deducted year was found as 2004 (correct should be 2015) after submitting the ITR1 online. Is there any problem with it also ?
    Kindly advise. Thanks.

2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Do not use ITR-1 from the online portal of income tax website.
    Download the JAVA utility or Excel utility and then file the revised return.
    Prefer to use ITR-2A and avoid ITR-1.

Ask the deductor to rectify it.

3. AJAY KUMAR BHALOTRA

AJAY KUMAR BHALOTRA New Member

ZED sir,

Thanks for your great reply. I have followed all your guidance and all settled fine. Keep it up. Nice great social service.

ZED likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted