Regarding outstanding demand and contacting assessing officer

Share This Thread
  1. sundeepsqa

    sundeepsqa New Member

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    This is w.r.t my income tax for the assessment year 2012-13. I got a notification in the income tax online portal about outstanding demand of around 40,000.00 and I contacted a CA for this. He told me that since the IT returns filed hadn't considered 'deductions under chapter VI-A', it was showing this demand. Hence we filed a revised return in October 2013. However, I am still shown the outstanding demand of around 35,000 after 5,000 was adjusted from the refund I was supposed to receive for the year 2013-14.

    I again contacted the CA who helped me with the revised returns filing and he said he was working on it for almost a year but finally for some reason, he said he is busy and cant help. Now, in the income tax portal I see the status of outstanding demand as rectification rights - assessing officer and Demand status as 'Contact Jurisdictional Assessing Officer'. I tried to file a revised return again but I get a message - “Your Rectification has already been sent to AST”. Also, when I see the status of the rectification, it says "No record found for the assessment year".

    I am currently outside India and I cant contact the Jurisdictional officer personally. I contacted a CA in Bangalore on the phone and he told me that it may cost me too much (he is not willing to discuss the fees until he works on my case) and told it may take a long time to get this resolved or may not get resolved as well, as it depends on the assessing officer.

    I am in a fix and I don't know what to do. Could you please tell me my options? Looking forward to your kind response.

  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    I need to see all the documents before I can say anything.
    (It does not seems that theres need of that much worry, if the info submitted was true.)
    This issue can certainly take time but if you did everything truthfully then you don't need to worry.

    You may send me all the details (all the ITRs including revised return, notices you received including notice u/s 285, intimation u/s 143(1))

    I am clearly saying, I will not represent you to AO, but I can assist you in solving this issue yourself.
    You may send the docs to my mail address
    [email protected]
    V K Khanna likes this.
  3. sundeepsqa

    sundeepsqa New Member

    Hi Prateek, thanks for your reply. I will send the relevant docs to your mail.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Regarding rent paid Income Tax Jan 18, 2019
Regarding 194j Income Tax Jul 27, 2018
Query Regarding Standard Deduction Income Tax Apr 10, 2018
Regarding 80C & 80CCD Income Tax Mar 21, 2018