Regarding service tax

Share This Thread
  1. amrita.macd

amrita.macd New Member

Hi,

My turn over is 18lac and i had paid service tax on 4,19000.
    My tds deduction is 48000 approx 50k.
    Am going to take service tax no.
    That means as per my knowledge i have to pay [email protected] +penalty + interest (where i have to check penalty and interest ,how to know total amount)is there any benefit i will get which i already paid to another vendor.

Above situation is for 2015-16
    what about 16-17 should i charged from my clients after 10 lac or from financial year starting like april2016.pls advice. on this and below situation too.

now my question is i have to pay service tax on 18 lac or i have to pay service tax on 8lac which is cross from 10 lac ,and how my service tax will be adjust which i already paid to vendor on Rs.4,19000.

Please help am not in a position to pay big amount from my pocket coz,my customer giving me Rs650, Rs.2000 etc like that only ,My actual Transaction from my main business domain & hosting is Rs.2lac or 2.5 lac maximum and i have to pay for that companies too to taken service and given to client,so i don't earn much from my services.and i started to give new service this year only (transactional sms service.) all the turnover is from sms service only.
    Now how to file my 2015-16 ITR with this issue

Note: I have not taken single penny from my clients and am not aware of the limit thats why all things happen. pleaseee help.

I already concern with CA but they are asking huge amount between 3lac+consultancy charges and ITR filing Charges .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Ma'am as we discussed in previous post, I requested you to consult CA because there were several factors which required special consideration.
    Now if CA has asked for such a big amount I am thinking that there maybe even more things.

The information provided by you in not sufficient to opine anything at this moment.
    Taxes you will have to pay, no one can help you in that, at most we can help you in determining it advice on how to decrease it.
    Did you read that notification which I cited to you in previous post?

For detailed discussion you may mail me your queries. It will take substantial time and I will require certain documents.

3. amrita.macd

amrita.macd New Member

Hi,

Thanks for replying,confirm one thing I have to pay tax on 8 lac or 18lac,and for 2016-17,when I charge from my clients after 10 or before 10.
    Thanks

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

For 16-17 you will have to charge from the very fisrt value of service.
    For 2015-16, I need to know when did you started your business? What was the turnover during the previous year?

5. amrita.macd

amrita.macd New Member

Hi ,

Previous year turnover was 7.63lac.

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Then ST shall be on 8 Lacs and not on entire 18Lacs.
    8 Lac would need to be grossed, i.e it will be treated that 8 Lac is including ST, out of this we need to compute ST.
    8 Lac X 14.5/114.5 = Service tax amount.

7. amrita.macd

amrita.macd New Member

Thanks for advice.you people are doing wonderful job to help people like me.
    once again thanks.

ZED likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted