Rent reciever-service tax registration doubts for filling online

Share This Thread
  1. venkat_k

    venkat_k New Member

    I want to register for service tax (As i recieve rents ,house owner),So please help me in filling the online application.

    For creating the username and password i have doubts in filling :
    Name of the Unit :
    Designation :
    In the form ST-1:
    Constitution of applicant:
    Government department Type
    Name of trustee/Proprietor/HUF:
    Category of registrant:
    Nature of registration:
    Description of taxable services provided or to be provided by the applicant:
    I am uploading file containing the screen shots of the form,ST-1 and the doubts are marked in Red boxes.

    Attached Files:

  2. venkat_k

    venkat_k New Member

    Can anyone please reply to this question
  3. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member


    Person liable to pay service tax
    service provider

    Single registration

    Your name

    Check for renting of immovable property
  4. venkat_k

    venkat_k New Member

    Dear Sir,
    Thank you for providing the detailed information.
    I have given the premises "A" for rent and staying at premises "B" .
    Under Identification of business requiring registration:
    Address of the applicant: what should i fill A or B

    Address of premises for which registration is sought: what should i fill A or B

    Thanking you
  5. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    [Your residential address.]
    Premise B

    [Address of the premise from where the service will be offered.Service Renting of immovable property is provided from that rented property only.]

    Premise A
  6. venkat_k

    venkat_k New Member

    Hello Sir,
    I have submitted the ST-1 as you said regarding address but the department SENTBACK ST-1 With remarks as
    "Address of the applicant not matching with address of premises for
    which registration is sought.The address for registration should not
    be the premises which is given on Rent"

    Attached Files:

  7. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    Ok, actually service can be provided from place other than your residence for example a consultant might have house at place A and can be providing services from premise B. In such cases what I said was correct. Kindly interchange the address for registration.

    Kindly also check you zone. there will be a link which will take you to a page where the list is available, check in which jurisdiction you fall.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Clubbing of partner rumeneration with rent income GST Aug 17, 2018
GST on Rent GST Apr 3, 2018
GST ON Residential and Commercial Rent GST Nov 18, 2017
RCM ON RENT PAID RS 200 GST Sep 23, 2017