rented person has paid for service tax.

Share This Thread
  1. jaya kumar

jaya kumar New Member

sir,
    i have rented the dance academy school for the owner of Samarkanda comples at salem-4.
    i paid one lakes advance for rented school. after one year we vacate the the rented room.
    when the owner return the money , he deducted the service tax in my advance and he said this rented person has paid the service tax as per agreement.
    but agreement not mention.
    please read below message from the owner of swarnakantha complex;
    i request you advice me, service tax applicable for rented person
    Thnaks,
    S. JAYA KUMAR
    INSTRUMENT ENGINEER (PRESENT)
    SALEM-5
    PH-+919629100509

Mr. Jaya kumar
    Creative Crew Dance Academy,

Salem.

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring to your notice that as per service tax norms I am liable to pay service tax from October month onwards. I request you to pay rent from now on along with service tax @12.36%. This has already been agreed upon in our rental agreement.

Therefore I request you to pay Rs. 14045.00 as rent for October month. Here is a working for this amount:

Rent = 12500

+ Service [email protected]% = 1545

Total = 14045

From November onwards rent will be as follow:

Rent = 15000

+Service Tax 12.36% = 1854

Total = 16854

Also pay rental advance of Rs.50,000. We had agreed for balance advance payment and rental increase after 6 months. Since six months is getting completed, please pay accordingly. Do the needful.

Thanking you

Yours truly

K.Rajendhren

98940-50777

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

If the Advance is being adjusted in Rent, then Service Tax would be payable for the amount adjusted

Draft saved Draft deleted