retrospective termination of articleship

Share This Thread
  1. kartik chugh

kartik chugh New Member

my ca is giving me retrospective termination ca this is possible..
    i appeared in final examination in nov 2014 and i gotta exemption in one subject and after my exams i was unable to join my firm bcoz of personal reasons and my normal articleship completion date is 12/04/2015 and i have taken preparatory leaves for 4 months before my final examination.
    so now my question is

1. is my exemption is valid for may 2015 and afterwards?
    2. and now my principal is giving me retrospective termination from 1st july 2014 can this is possible?

2. kartik chugh

kartik chugh New Member

please reply as early as possible please

3. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

Your exemption is valid for May 15 Exams

Your CA cannot give you retrospective termination from July as at the time of filing of exam form for Nov 14 Exams, you have mentioned that you are working under him and he has also signed the same. This would have happened in the month of Aug 14.

When you have already intimated to ICAI that you were working under him in Aug 14 and he has also signed the same - how can the CA now say that you took a transfer in July and were not working under him in Aug 14

This will indicate that he gave a wrong declaration in Aug 14

Therefore, I dont think that CA can give you retrospective termination from July 14

4. kartik chugh

kartik chugh New Member

If he cant terminate me then how many leaves should i have to restrict him for not involving me in ne consequeses like non declaration of result???

5. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

Just show the actual no. of leaves at the time of submission of completion of articleship form.

Moreover, you cant even take a transfer in the final year of articleship except under circumstances approved by ICAI

Draft saved Draft deleted