Revised Return file

Share This Thread
  1. Kap_999

Kap_999 New Member

Hi..Can revised return of last assessment year be filed even after processing of ITR?

Regards,

2. Deepak Surana

Deepak Surana New Member

section 139(5) duly provide to the asseessee to revise the return filed u/s 139(1) at
    • any time before the expiry of 1 year from the end of relevant A.Y
    or
    • before completion of assessemnet . w.e. earlier.

here, processing of ITR cannot be regarded as assessment.
    you can duly file the revised return provided you have filled original return u/s 139(1)

3. Kap_999

Kap_999 New Member

Hi Deepak Thanks for your reply..What is the difference between ITR Processed and Completion of assessment. My online account says ITR processed and my CA told that revised return filing is not possible now.

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Its for assessment year 15-16. One year from the end of relevant assessment year is 16-17. The return can be revised till 31.03.17

If you want, I can revise your return.

5. Deepak Surana

Deepak Surana New Member

ITR processing is the general check performed by the system which checks the arithmetical error or any such error which is inconsistent with the other information provide with return of income and what is received is just an intimation and not assesment

6. Kap_999

Kap_999 New Member

Even after receiving of refund, can someone file revised return for assessment year 15-16..

Thanks ZED, if you are putting in NCR delhi, I can approach you.

Regards,

7. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted