Revised return filed under section 135(5) but received Notice u/s 139(9) for original return

Share This Thread
  1. Nishank Gupta

Nishank Gupta New Member

Hi,

I filed my Original return in July and after submitting it, I realised that I did not furnish my Challan details. So at the same date I submitted the revised return under section 139(5).

Today I checked the status of my ITR as I did not receive ny notification for processing and found that somehow I missed to E-verify my revised return so I e-verified it. After that I just found that there is a Notice for Original return under section 139(9) dated 5 Sep'16 but I never checked it earlier hoping that I coorected my mistake by filing revised return.

Please advice now what should I do to respond to Notice for original return as it is asking me to upload a XML file after I agree with the defect of non-submission of payable tax. Or I should do nothing as in my revised return I already mentioned the "Original Acknowledgement Number" and now I have e-verified that return so they will cancel the Notice.

Kindly advice.

Draft saved Draft deleted