Saving LTCG on selling RSUs listed on foreign stock exchange

Share This Thread
  1. Sanjeevkr

    Sanjeevkr New Member

    There seems to be some conflict on the information on the web about saving LTCG Tax on RSUs traded on a foreign stock exchange.

    While I gather that the LTCG would be 20% of the gain after indexation.
    My question is
    Can we save this by investing the net gain in capital gain bonds u/s 54EC?

  2. Sahil Oberoi

    Sahil Oberoi Member

    Exemption under Section 54EC can be claimed if Capital Gains arising on sale of any long term capital asset are invested in NHAI/ REC Bonds.

    As it talks about sale of any long term capital asset - i think you can claim exemption.
  3. Sanjeevkr

    Sanjeevkr New Member

    Thanks Sahil!
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Can LTCG be deposited in Savings Account? Income Tax Feb 15, 2016
Transfer of amount from saving account to NRO account Income Tax Jan 10, 2018
Cash deposit more than 50 lakhs in saving bank account Income Tax Nov 18, 2017
Tax Saving Tips For Freelancer Income Tax Nov 3, 2017
best savings option Income Tax Oct 16, 2017