Scope of CA with relation to Information Technology

Share This Thread
  1. Nakul Aggarwal

Nakul Aggarwal New Member

There are so many CA students or Chartered Accountants who are so much interested in information technology but just because the future is so dicey no one risk their future.

So lets discuss what all options are available for people interested in IT.

Many chartered's prefer going for practicing than ending up working for someone else, the main reason behind this is " MONEY " . If we relate the same with IT than the only scope left is JOB which less of us prefer to do ( at least in my case ).

Kindly reply with what according to you are the options available.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

In the past few years, the scope of CA's interested in IT sector has boomed.

CA's are required for the following in the IT Sector:-

1. Developing customised accounting softwares/ implementing SAP for big organisations. TCS, Infosys, Wipro etc come to ICAI every year for Campus Recruitments of CA's for such profiles.

2. With everything being done through computers, information systems audit is also required to be done. Big 4 CA Firms and other CA Firms recruit CA's for such work.

There is a huge shortage of CA's who can do IT Sytems Audit as a small course named CISA/DISA is required to be done after CA to be eligible for this position.

Draft saved Draft deleted