SEC 143 1 OF INCOME TAX

Share This Thread
  1. bharath0007

bharath0007 New Member

HI THIS IS BHARATH I HAVE FILED INCOME TAX RETURN MY EMPLOYER HAS GIVEN ME THE FORM 16 AND I HAVE FILED ACCORDING TO THAT IN THAT FORM 16 AND THE TAX PAID ON MY EMPLOYER TAN IS NOT TALLYING I INFORMED TO MY EMPLOYER AND BASED ON THEIR INFORMATION I HAVE FILED RETURN BY ENTERING THE INFORMATION BASED ON FORM 16. NOW THE IT DEPT HAS ISSUED ME SEC 143 1 AND SPECIFIED ME TO PAY RS. 358 . NOW MY DOUBT IS WITH IN HOW MANY DAYS I HAVE TO PAY THIS AFTER RECEIVING AND SHALL I PAY IT USING MY PAN NO. OR MY EMPLOYER TAN NO. AFTER PAYING WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THE CHALLAN GENERATED HOW TO FILE THE RETURN USING THAT CHALLAN. PLESETELL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS I HAVE RECEIVED THE SEC 143 1 ON 5TH OF OCT AND I DONT KNOW ANY CA
    PLEASE SEND ME RESPONSE TO MY MAIL [email protected]

2. INVESTURU

INVESTURU Member

Generally you are requested to pay the entire Tax demand within 30 days of receipt of the Intimation.

ZED likes this.
  3. V K Khanna

V K Khanna Active Member

You have to pay the demand amount by using your Pan. The amount can be paid by using challah form 280.

Once the demand is paid, no further action is required on your part.

ZED and bharath0007 like this.
  4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

The demand is raised on account of tax credit mismatch.
    You are not as such required to pay the tax.The tax was deducted by your employer and you entered data from form 16. It is the TDS return which should be rectified by your employer.
    Since the amount is small I leave it upto you to how to handle it.
    Maybe if you politely ask your employer to revise the return then you can save a few hundreds.

Draft saved Draft deleted