Sec89 and Form 10E

Share This Thread
  1. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

It will do. The reason I asked you to revise the ITR was because in such cases if ITR-V is received late then a notice is displayed that ITR-V is received after due date. Due this message some people get panicked.

EVC is a better option though. It will work, no worries.

2. Asish

Asish Member

Thanks a lot ZED for your quick reply.
    There is a problem regarding mismatch between Form 16 and Form 26AS for filing return of FY 2014-15. Being a salaried employee, I got my form 16 from my employer SBI, but there is a mismatch because of perquisite taxes being paid by SBI itself on behalf of employee. They are yet to credit the that in govt. a/c, resulting in mismatch between form 16 and 26AS and non-submission of return for 2014-15.
    Asked employer to correct that, but they are yet to do so. Already due date has ended. What should I do in that case?

3. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Did you not filed the return? Or they did not filed the TDS return?
    If you have filed the return then you file for a rectification u/s 154.

4. Asish

Asish Member

I am unable to file the return as there is a mismatch. According to Form26AS, I have a tax liabil

5. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Download the java utility and then file it as per form 16/ actual data (regardless of figures of 26AS)
    Do not use online filing at their site. Use Java or excell utility and then upload it.

Ensure that there is no error in the ITR form. Except for that TDS point which is not an error but a correct statement.
    If tax was deducted and you have form16 evidencing deduction then claim it even if there is no entry in 26AS.

6. Asish

Asish Member

Ok. Good suggestion. But then I think they will send a demand notice. And replying to that will be again a big headache. Also my Form 16 does not have other income details. Have FD interest of 6000, for which tds has not been deducted but form 26as is reflecting that. Do I add other income in excel utility?

7. Asish

Asish Member

Was trying Excel utility, but I don't have Form 16 part A. So unable to give the details of TAN of Employer. I have different Employer TAN for that year as I got transfer.

8. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

If that's a mere headache then not filing ITR will be more like a severe migraine.

We can handle the demand notice but brother if we do not file the return then there can be severe consequences including penalties and interest.

YOU MUST DECLARE ALL INCOME, also consider TDS in 26AS for FD
    I suppose its in other than bank like some NBFC or other F.I

What you have bro?

9. Asish

Asish Member

TDS on FD has not been deducted by the bank as per Form 26AS. So I will have that extra liability while filing return.
    I only have part B of Form 16. Thats all SBI provides to its employees.
    SBI did not credit the perquisite taxes to Govt. A/c.

10. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted