Section 80D Deduction for Deposit in Govt Health Scheme

Share This Thread
  1. mka

    mka New Member

    Dear Sir

    I am a central government owned public sector employee and contributing Rs 786 per month in a contributing medical scheme run by our company. Kindly clarify , can we claim deducion in section 80d like a CGHS contribution.
    Thanking you

  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    Dear @mka

    Any contribution made to the Central Government Health Scheme for insuring your health or the Health of your family members is allowed as a Deduction under Section 80D.

    If you have not made the contribution to the Central Govt Health Scheme but to any other Scheme notified by the Central Govt in this regard, then also you'll be allowed a deduction under Section 80D for the Contribution made.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Section 80c deduction on stamp duty in my situation Income Tax Jan 17, 2018
Deduction under Section 80 D Income Tax Nov 14, 2017
application under section 197 for lower deduction of tds Income Tax Jul 9, 2017
Deduction under section 80D Income Tax Jun 22, 2017
Deduction from tax paid under section 194J Income Tax Jun 15, 2017